"White screen of death" when gaming with plugable UD-3000 via Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Hi there- I purchased the Plugable UD-3000 and other than it being a little laggy sometimes with keystrokes and a jumpy mouse cursor - it great…except when I try to game, and then it fails. I am running Windows 7 Pro on my dell XPS, and when playing Stronghold 2 through the HDMI (bypassing the Plugable UD-3000 ) no problems. The minute attempt to game vie the UD-3000, I get sound, a white screen, or sometimes a black, and then it crashes and closes the game. Can anyone help solve the mystery? Is it direct X, wrong video settings? So much for the convenience of the single USB 3.0 connection. I sincerely appreciate anyone’s expertise and guidance.

Hi there,

Thanks for posting your question here! It would be very helpful if you could capture and send us the DisplayLink log file, it gives us detailed information on how your system is setup and helps us narrow down the problem. Step by step instructions on how to collect this log file can be found here:
http://plugable.com/support/tools/dis…

Please send the zip file to support@Plugable.com and we’ll take a look!

Thanks,
Ellen