Which works for the IdeaPad Flex 5 now?

Hi, I saw the previous questions about the Lenovo Flex 5 - 1470 and the 1570, but the latest 14ARE05 has a different USB-C port, since it has support for Power Delivery 3.0

Does that mean I can get the USB-C version of Pluggable docking station and be able to keep it at a single connection? And that means I can’t use a DisplayPort, but can use the other video ports on your dock?

Hi!

Thank you for joining our forums, we are always happy to help with your questions. I’ve checked the Lenovo support site for the Flex 5 14ARE05 and I do not see that USB-C Power Delivery is supported on this laptop. The USB-C port does appear to be data only so it does not look like the computer would be compatible with any of our USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 docking stations. The only devices we could recommend would be our USB 3.0 based DisplayLink docks.

We only recommend using our USB-C based docks with USB-C ports that support both DisplayPort Alt Mode and USB-C Power Delivery so we would not recommend using them with a USB-C port that only supports Power Delivery.

Hopefully this information helps and please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
-Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.