Which Plugable product do I need & will it work?

Hi,

I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon with Windows 7 & I would like to be able to use this for office work being able to plug into my monitor, keyboard, & mouse. Is your Plugable UD-3900 USB 3.0 the best solution for accomplishing what I want to do? Also when using your docking station do I have to keep my laptop screen open or can I close it?

Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting the question! Yes, UD-3900 should fit what you need: It has two graphics ports (DVI and HDMI), 4 x USB 2.0, 2 x USB 3.0, the Ethernet, audio input/output ports in a unit.

>> Also when using your docking station do I have to keep my laptop screen open or can I close it?
Yes, you can. It is not part of our product functionality but Windows 7. You can setup that way by using Windows Control Panel > Screen Resolution dialog.

Hope this helps! Please let us know at support@plugable.com if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Sachiko
Plugable Support

Thanks for the response just so I am clear I can keep my laptop screen closed when using the docking station?

Thanks
Mark

Mark,

When you set the external display as main display, and disconnect the laptop screen from the Windows Control Panel, yes you can.

Sachiko
Plugable Support