Which plugable is needed for a 21:9 monitor/USB 3.0 tablet/HDMI or USB 3.0 laptop? HELP

Which plugable do I need? I have a Dell Inspiron N411Z laptop with an Intel Core i5-2430M @ 2.40 GHz processor, for home use. I have an ASUS Transformer Book T100TAM with the Atom Bay Trail quad-core processor for school use to take to class. And I just purchased an LG29UM68-P 29-Inch 21:9 UltraWide IPS Monitor with FreeSync with a DisplayPort. So in essence I have no idea which plugable device I would need to purchase in order to get them all to talk to each other and to be able to plug either my tablet or laptop in and allow it to output onto the new monitor I just purchased. PLEASE HELP ME!

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Based on the manufacturer’s specifications, both of these systems support USB 3.0 which can be used with our USB 3.0 4K DisplayPort Graphics Adapter ( https://plugable.com/products/uga-4kdp ). However, based on the age of the systems and specifications the monitor may suffer from significant performance problems especially when used with the Asus Transformer notebook. Additionally our adapters do not support FreeSync technology, the monitor will still work correctly but the additional feature will not be enabled.

Our graphics adapter is based on DisplayLink technology which does have significant minimum system requirements to transmit video over USB 3.0. DisplayLink offers a compatibility check utility for Windows ( http://support.displaylink.com/knowle… ) to see if there are any known issues on the systems.

In this situation, it may provide better performance to connect the monitor directly to the Dell and Asus using their native outputs. Based on the specifications I have found, the Dell should have a mini DisplayPort which can connect to the monitor with a mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable. The Asus can connect using a Micro HDMI to HDMI cable. These cables should be available on Amazon or other retailers.

I am sorry our USB docking stations and adapters may not be a good fit for these systems with this monitor based on the performance problems that may occur.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hello Courtney,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support