Which dock will work with my laptop

I have an HP 15-DY1053MS that has USB A & USB C ports that are Data Only. I would prefer to use the USB C port to connect a docking station so i can connect 2 external monitors through HDMI as well as have an RJ45 ethernet connection so I may hardwire to my modem. Which dock do you recommend so i can connect 2 monitors, Ethernet as well as have a couple extra USB ports to connect other items to? I was looking at the UD-3900Z but do not see where it says if i can connect with USB C Data only port. Kindly advise so i may make the purchase.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting!

The Plugable UD-3900Z docking station → https://plugable.com/products/ud-3900z is compatible with most modern computers running Windows that have at least one USB Type-A or USB Type-C port available to which the dock can connect.

The UD-3900Z is based on DisplayLink USB video technology, which means that the dock can be connected to any USB 3.0 Type-A or USB 3.0 Type-C port and the dock’s video outputs will function. It is NOT necessary for the host computer’s USB Type-C port to support a video output signal in order for the dock to work. As long as the USB Type-C port supports USB data transfer, the dock will work.

With that said, the UD-3900Z docking will connect to your HP laptop using either the included three foot long USB Type-C cable or USB Type-A cable. There is no performance difference between the two cable types, we include both only for convenience.

The UD-3900Z has two built-in HDMI video outputs, each supporting a HDMI display up to 1920x1200 resolution (lower resolutions such as 1920x1080 are also supported) at up to a 60Hz refresh rate.

You can connect two HDMI displays to the dock using two standard HDMI to HDMI video cables (cables with a HDMI connector on both ends, not included).

The UD-3900Z also provides six additional USB Type-A ports (two USB 3.0 ports on the front and four USB 2.0 ports on the back) as well as a wired Gigabit Ethernet network port and a 3.5mm analog combination audio jack.

An important note in regard to the UD-3900Z, the UD-3900Z dock does NOT charge the host laptop. You will have to connect the power adapter HP originally included with the laptop to the laptop in order to charge the laptop while connected to the UD-3900Z.

Should you elect to move forward with a purchase and find that the dock does not meet your needs, we do offer a 30-day no-hassle return policy for all products sold by Plugable and fulfilled by Amazon.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.