Which adaptor do I need for connecting Lenovo ThinkVision M14t to my desktop computer?

I want to use Lenovo ThinkVision M14t as a pen display for my desktop computer.

However, Lenovo ThinkVision M14t is a USB-C pen display which seems to require a USB-C port that supports displayport alternate mode. Displayport alternate mode allows a USB-C cable to carry power, usb data, and displayport data.

My desktop computer has an HDMI port, a DVI port, type-A USB 2 ports, and type-A USB 3.0 ports.

Does plugable sell an adaptor that can connect Lenovo ThnkVision M14t to my desktop computer?

Hello, and thank you for joining our forums.

You’re right that the Lenovo ThinkVision M14 monitor does require a USB-C port that supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode, and I’m sorry to say that we do not have any products that will let you use this device without your computer already having a compatible USB-C port.

To use this monitor, your computer would need to have a USB-C port (and/or Thunderbolt 3 port) that supports DisplayPort Alternate Mode.

I hope this information helps and please let us know if you have any questions. We are always happy to help.
Thanks!

-Andrew
Plugable Technologies

Do you think Delock 89582 can connect my desktop computer to Lenovo ThinkVision M14t?
Delock 89582 seems to be the same product as SUNIX UPD2018.

Hi,

Thanks for asking! Although we can’t recommend other company’s devices and haven’t used these devices in our testing, I have reviewed the devices you listed. Based off what I’m seeing in the product description it does sound like you’d be able to use your USB-C monitor with a device like this since it provides a USB-C data out with DP Alt mode video

I hope this information helps and please do let us know what questions we can help with.

Thanks!
-Andrew

Any plan to release a product that connects a desktop computer to a USB-C monitor?

Thanks for asking! We don’t have any plans for a device like that yet but I think you will see more desktop computers with USB-C monitor support coming soon.

Thanks!
-Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.