where do you find the transferred data

i have conducted transfer several different ways but it does not show up on the desktop of the computer being transferred to

Hello David,

Thanks for reaching out to us on our forums, and I apologize for the issue you’re having with the Plugable Windows USB Transfer Cable! At the end of the transfer process, you should see a screen detailing how many files and the amount of information transferred. On this screen, if you click ‘View Logs’ you should see where the files were transferred to on the new computer.

Generally speaking, the items won’t transfer directly to the desktop of the new computer. The information transferred would either be in the same folder path as it was on the old computer (or very similar) if you used the ‘Sync Files’ option, and if you used the ‘Transfer Files’ option it will be wherever you set the files to transfer to (if nothing was chosen, it should be the same or similar path as it was on the old computer).

If you’re still unable to locate the files, I would recommend running the transfer one more time. At the end, click the ‘View Logs’ button and then save the text file (click File > Save As). Send an email to support@plugable.com and attach the logs saved after the transfer. Put “Ticket #213755” to ensure it makes it’s way to me. With those logs, I should be able to determine what happened.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to working with you on this issue!

Regards,

Patrick
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to David regarding the issue on this thread, but we have not received a response back. If David or anyone else is experiencing the same issue, please let us know by contacting us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be happy to assist!

Thank you for your patience,

Patrick
www.plugable.com/support