When running in extend I lose my Icons on my laptop?win7 laptop - HP w19 monitor

I bought UD-3900 to run old desktop devices from my win 7 laptop. Running in extend I lose my desktop icon on my laptop. They do appear on my HP w-19 monitor? When I run in duplicate mode my laptop screen is square instead of widescreen and my HP-W19 monitor’s Icon are much to large?

Don Mruk

dlmruk@cox.net
619 647-3410
Amazon Order # 111-5361842-9191430

Hello Don,

Thanks for reaching out and posting on our Get Satisfaction forums! I apologize for the issue you’re having with the docking station, it sounds like the problem is rooted to the display settings in Windows. By the way you described things, I believe our best course of action will be to set your laptop as the ‘primary’ monitor when using the docks. Steps on how to do this are below:

1. Right click on an empty space on your desktop, then click either Screen Resolution or Display Settings (whether you see Screen Resolution or Display Settings varies based on exactly which Windows version you’re on).
  2. In the window that pops up, you should see some rectangles with numbers on them. The rectangle labeled 1 is your laptops built in display, the other ones are the external displays connected to the docking station. Click on the monitor labeled 2, then look for a drop down titled Multiple Displays and ensure this is set to Extend Desktop To This Display.
  3. Click on the monitor labeled 1 (your laptops built in display). At the bottom you should see a checkbox for ‘Make This My Main Display’, check this box. If it’s already the main display, you should see a message saying such.
  4. Now click on Apply in the bottom right. Your displays will black out for a moment before the change takes effect, then you’ll be presented with a dialog asking you to confirm the changes (accept the changes before the timer runs out, or else the settings we changed will be reverted).
  5. Repeat steps 2 & 3 for the other monitors as needed.

We made two short videos that go over how things work you may find helpful tips for setting up multiple displays or using a docking stations, you can find those using the links below:

https://youtu.be/0jDgITDfZAs

https://youtu.be/kajujwoPsT8

Please let me know if that information helps!

Regards,

Patrick
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Don regarding the issue on this GetSatisfaction thread, but we have not received a response back. If Raj or anyone else is experiencing the same issue, please let us know by contacting us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be happy to assist!

Thank you for your patience,

Patrick
www.plugable.com/support