I have a DYNEX monitor and when I plug the DYNEX supplied HDMI cable into the Plugable docking station there is no display on the monitor. When I plug the cable to the PC the display on the monitor works.
Thanks for posting. I’m sorry your docking station isn’t working as expected, and I would be happy to help.
Given your description our first step is to ensure the DisplayLink driver is in a good state by performing a clean install. Please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software from the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- If running Windows 10, please run Windows Update (Start > Settings > Update & security). Reboot if/when prompted. Repeat this process until there are no new updates found. This is important as Microsoft has been releasing frequent updates to Windows 10. If not running Windows 10, just skip this step.
- Now download and install the 7.9 M5 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system when prompted by the installer which will trigger the final portion of the installation. If the device is not detected, just click the ‘Skip’ button to allow the process to complete and reboot.
Let us know if that helps when you have a moment, and we’ll go from there.