What is Current Driver Version #?

The link in the Drivers page does not list the driver version or the date. My current driver is 8.6.1165.0. Is that the latest or is the driver on the website a newer version?

Hi,

Thanks for posting!

As we state on our website (https://plugable.com/drivers/displaylink), the most current validated DisplayLink version for Windows is the Driver Version 8.5 M2 (8.5.3595.0) – this is as of November 15th, 2018.

While DisplayLink themselves currently provide Driver Version 8.6 M1, at this time we currently have not finalized our testing with version 8.6. This being said, there has not been any evidence for issues thus far about 8.6 M2 so there is no need to downgrade to 8.5.

If you are experiencing problems, please reach out to us at support@plugable.com and we’d be happy to investigate further.

Hope this helps!

Mitchell

I am sorry (and embarrassed :frowning_face::frowning_face:) I did not catch the version number in the link. Thanks for letting me know you don’t think I need to roll back the driver.

No problem at all – thanks for asking!

I’ll be closing this thread, but for any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com and we’re happy to help.

Best wishes,

Mitchell