Webcam Feed Flickering with TBT3-UDZ

I am experiencing horizontal band flickering when using webcams through my TBT3-UDZ thunderbolt dock. If I plug cameras directly into laptop (or use with former dock) there is no flickering. Cameras are Logitech 920s and Nexigo N930AF. I use a HP Elitebook G6 850 on Windows 10 w/ 16GB RAM and Intel i5-8365U 1.6Ghz. I am using two UHD monitors at 4k through DisplayPort cables.

Flickering appears different (grey w/ Nexigo, multicolored w/ Logitech) but persistent flickering with both when plugged through dock, nothing when plugged directly to laptop. Flickering appears to worsen as I move video feed around screen.

I have updated the BIOS, video, and USB drivers for my computer, and I have applied the Dell patch referenced in other support strings indicating similar issue to no effect.

Point of clarification, the flickering is only in the camera feed, not the entire screen.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you. (Also my apologies for the delayed reply over the holiday weekend.)

Thanks for providing that detailed information and for checking to see if there were any possible updates for the system. Since the issues are still happening even after applying the Dell patch we often recommend, I’d like to get a closer look at the system.

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock with the webcam(s) attached to it into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug (Please mention ticket 344260 in the subject line when emailing the diagnostics to us!)

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.