WD19TBS - Compatible with USB 3.0 Sharing Switch?

Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone would know if the Dell Thunderbolt Dock- WD19TBS 130w Power Delivery, would work with the USB 3.0 Sharing Device? I believe I read that Thunderbolt 3/4 docks that support USB Power Delivery won’t work but I just wanted to try my luck and see if anyone has experienced using those two devices.

Thank!

Hello msegura,

Thank you for contacting Plugable. I would be happy to provide additional information regarding our products.

Unfortunately, our USB switches are not compatible with USB-C/Thunderbolt 3/4 devices, and Plugable does not offer a USB-C “A/B” switch that allows for a USB-C/Thunderbolt device (like your Dell WD19) to be toggled between computers.

This kind of device is possible to create but is very technically complex to implement. While the there are existing USB-C KVMs like from companies like Sabrent or IOGear, these devices only obtain a USB-C input, then just switch the display signal and USB. They do not switch USB-C signal itself, which means that they wouldn’t work 100% through USB-C docks.

Sorry to be the bearer of disappointing news, but hopefully this information was helpful.

Sincerely,

Mychal
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.