Want to add a 4th monitor to existing HP slim dock

I have a HP Elitebook 840 G4 currently running 2 external monitors and the laptop screen. I know this has maxed out my factory availability but adding a 3rd external monitor would greatly help my productivity since I run a remote desktop and engineering software all day. What is the easiest way to add this 4th monitor to my existing setup.

Hello Henry,

Thanks for reaching out to us and considering Plugable for your needs! Can you tell me what type of ports the 3rd external monitor has (DVI/DisplayPort/HDMI/etc)? Once I understand that, I can better recommend the appropriate adapter for you.

From the setup you described, I think this should definitely be doable using one of our USB based display adapters. You would connect our adapter to a USB port on your computer, then connect your monitor to our adapter. We make a few different versions for different monitor port types, which is why I’d like to understand how you’re looking to connect that final monitor in the equation. If you do not have an available USB port to use for the Plugable display adapter, then I may end up recommending a docking station. These are a bit more expensive, but add support to connect more than a single monitor and also have the added bonus of acting as a USB hub and adding additional USB ports you could use.

Let me know that info, and once I know how the monitor connects and confirmed you have an open USB port we can utilize for the adapter I can send you a link to the most appropriate adapter for your needs! Let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to helping you find a solution!

Regards,

Patrick
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Henry,

My office uses these docks as well. I have used several versions of the Plugable USB DisplayLink adapters to provide extra monitors just like you are wanting. You can plug the USB adapter into either the laptop or the dock and it should work just fine. Get an adapter that matches the resolution and connection type for your monitor.

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Henry regarding the issue on this GetSatisfaction thread, but we have not received a response back. If Henry or anyone else is experiencing the same issue, please let us know by contacting us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be happy to assist!

Thank you for your patience,

Patrick
www.plugable.com/support