Waiting for connection

So far I have wasted 1.5 hours trying to get a connection. I have two computers running windows 10 pro. If I can’t get it up quickly, I’m returning it. Your description of shutting down the firewall seems too simplistic for my computers. I’m through guessing

Hello Shad,

Thanks for contacting us! I do apologize for any trouble you’ve had with our Transfer Cable, and I am here to help! Are you receiving a message about, "waiting for connection? This message typically points to either:

• Antivirus, firewall, or other security software blocking the transfer connection from being made.
  • Multiple versions of transfer software open. Microsoft makes a program called, “Windows Easy Transfer”. This is a different program than the Bravura software for our cable, but uses the same drivers.

You mentioned checking your firewalls, but I would suggest to make sure that close out any other software and browsers when trying to launch the Bravura software. I would suggest to make sure that only the Bravura software is open and try the transfer again.

If you would, please give that a shot and let me know what happens!

Thank you,

Kevin
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.