waiting for connection with plugable usb 3.0 Windows Transfer cable

I have disable firewalls and the blue lights continue to flash - with “waiting for connection” message on both computers.

Hello Lisa Jen,

Thanks for contacting us! I do apologize for any trouble you’ve had with our transfer cable, and I’d be glad to help! Receiving a message about “waiting for connection” typically indicates either firewall/antivirus/security software that needs to be temporarily disabled, or multiple instances of the software running at the same time.

Just to check, have you temporarily disabled antivirus/firewall/security software on both computers? If not I would suggest to make sure that both computers have their software temporarily disabled, and that only one instance of the transfer software is open at a time. If given the option of how long to disable protection, choose “Until System Restart” so that it doesn’t turn itself back on in the middle of the transfer.

If that doesn’t work, I would suggest to contact us directly at support@plugable.com with the Amazon order number so we can look into this further for you!

Thank you,

Kevin
Product Owner
support@plugable.com