Video and input device lag - UD-6950

I have the UD-6950 H. Video is choppy and input from all input devices is severely lagging.

I used the DisplayLink installation cleaner, followed by the latest drivers. It did not help.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected.

Choppy video and input lag can be caused by a number of issues. The most common problems we see are the docking station connected to a USB 2.0 port on the computer, rather than a USB 3.0 port. Some applications can also cause poor performance on the external displays.

Does the input lag affect the mouse cursor and keyboard input on the computer’s built-in display or a monitor connected directly to the computer ( not using the docking station’s HDMI or DisplayPort outputs ) as well as the displays connected to the docking station?

Is the input lag made worse when the displays connected to the docking station are active, or does it get better when just the desktop is displayed on the external displays?

Additionally, are both wired and wireless input devices ( mouse, keyboard etc ) affected by the lag, or only Wireless devices?

This additional detail will help determine our next steps.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology

Hi,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies