VGA and HDMI Monitors won't extend

Hello my VGA and HDMI monitors are plugged into my new pluggable hardware… the screens both show up but both are working as duplicates of my laptop screen… I am looking to use the two additional monitors as extensions. Can someone help? They work fine when plugged into the laptop by themselves.

I am using the Plugable superspeed usb 3.0 docking station

Hi Becki,

Thanks for contacting us, I am sorry this is not working as expected.

It sounds like the operating system is configuring the displays as a mirror by default.

To setup extended displays in Windows 10, please perform the following:

1. Right click on the desktop and select “Display settings” from the drop down menu
  2. Under the subheading “Select and rearrange displays” click on the combined display ( you can click on Identify to map physical displays to the representation.
  3. Scroll down to the bottom, under the subheading “Multiple displays” select “Extend desktop” under the Multiple displays drop down menu.

Please let me know if this helps,

I am happy to provide instructions for other operating systems, please let me know.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hello Becki,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support