Using UD-6950H to support only one external monitor

Hello, is it possible to create separate display settings for (1) a single external monitor and (2) the native display for my SurfaceGo tablet? I would have assumed not. However, my UD-6950H product appears in the search results when using your website’s Dock Finder feature with the filter active for “one display” and “USB-A ports.”

The settings I need for my tablet’s native display are wildly different than those required for the external display (a Dell UP3017). When I disconnect my tablet from the dock, I have to change the settings each time to make things scale properly.

However, I haven’t found a way to set up separate display properties, since the dock only sees one monitor.

I would simply buy a USB-C to DisplayPort cable, but I need USB-A ports as well to operate my mouse and keyboard.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Hello,

Thank you for asking! I’m sorry to hear that your UD-6950H is not working as expected, and I will be happy to help you troubleshoot this.

Our first step will be to gather some clarifying information.

1. Can you please let me know if you are mirroring your two displays? Mirroring being having them show identical information.

2. Can you please let me know what type of host computer you are using? Example: MacBook Pro M1, or Windows.

Once again we’re sorry for the trouble, and I look forward to your reply.

Sean
Plugable Technologis

Hello,

I’m running Windows 10 on a Surface Go tablet. The options I see are to duplicate (mirror) the displays, extend, or show only on Display 1 or Display 2.

Yes, I have currently selected the mirroring option.

Thanks for your assistance!

Hello,

Thanks for providing those details.

When you select the option to extend your displays, Windows should offer you the ability to select the correct resolution for both displays.

Once you have selected to ‘Extend these displays’, your Windows display settings should look more like this:

Please let us know if this resolves the problem for you.

Sean

Yes, problem resolved. Thank you very much!

Hello,

I’m glad to hear it!

Please do not hesitate to reach out in the future if you ever need further assistance with your Plugable UD-6950H Docking Station.

Sean

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.