Using the USB Audio Adapter, my small desktop speakers work OK, but I'm not getting any sound from the subwoofer.

I have a set of external speakers for my laptop, with two small treble speakers and a larger subwoofer. It stopped working, and it seemed that the problem was the connector on the laptop, so I thought I would try your USB Audio Adapter. It seems to work fine for the small speakers, but nothing is coming out of the subwoofer, making for a really tinny sound. I was hoping to not have to buy a whole new set of USB speakers or have the laptop repaired. Any advice?

Hi Patti,

Thank you for your post! Unfortunately, many subwoofers operate on a separate audio channel than “regular” stereo or even surround speakers and require a different source.

If you’ve typically connected these speakers with a single cable, we’d be happy to help troubleshoot to see what is happening. If you could please send a message to support@plugable.com with “Ticket #215972” in the subject line along with the make and model of your speakers, we’d be happy to help!

Thanks,

Derek Nuzum
Plugable Technologies

Hi Patti,

We’re closing this thread due to lack of activity, but are happy to reopen this case at your convenience.

Please just send a message to support@plugable.com using the instructions above and we’d be happy to help!

Thanks,

Derek Nuzum
Plugable Technologies