Using Bluetooth 4.0 LE to dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Insider Preview

I currently dual boot Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview. I would like to use a Bluetooth Microsoft Sculpt Comfort mouse to control both environments. Presently, the plugable 4.0 works great when used on my primary drive C:). However, when I boot to the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview on drive G: the mouse isn’t recognize during boot. I always have to reconfigure the mouse.

Does the plugable 4.0 support use in a dual boot environment?

Hello,

Thanks for the question.

As far as the adapter itself goes. It basically just functions as a radio for the computer. The operating system and software components will be the portion managing Bluetooth connectivity and remembering devices. If using the drivers that install automatically in Windows, the Bluetooth stack is entirely handled by Microsoft software.

Unfortunately we really can’t realistically track and resolve issues with the Insider Preview of Windows. There are too many moving targets to keep track of in terms of what might be causing the problem.

My understanding is that there is a fair bit of work being done with resolving issues with Xbox One controllers currently, including the one with built-in Bluetooth. This could be a side-effect of those attempted changes, it is hard to say for sure.

I hope this information is helpful.