USBC-6950U - Two monitors flickering, overheating, with MacBook Air 15" M2

Hi there,

I’m using a 2022 MacBook Air 15 inch (M2 processor) with the USBC-6950U to run two Philips Monitors (Model ID 276E8VJSB/75) via HDMI

When I connect initially, everything works as expected. After about 30/60/120 minutes though (depending on the day) the screens start to flicker and eventually stop working.

I had tried different HDMI’s - eventually getting brand new ones. I used different USBC ports on the Mac. Still happens.

The Plugable unit itself, gets VERY hot, and I started to experiment with keeping it elevated, having a fan directly on it, etc.

When the fan is on it, it does help extend the duration of use, until it stop again.

I then need to wait until it completely cools off, to start again. I’m not sure what else to try here

Help?!

Hello Leah!

Thank you for reaching out about this behavior with your USBC-6950U. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and would like to gather some additional information. Instead of posting that information here, could you please contact us directly via email? To do this, please email us at support@plugable.com. In the subject of your direct email, please reference case 423414, which will allow us to match things up and then provide the next steps.

Apologies for the extra steps in the process, and we thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Best regards,

Michael S.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.