USBC-6950U dropping out

Hi Plugable, support. Firstly, was very happy with the single usb to HDMI adapter so I bought the USBC-6950U to have two screens from a usb-a port. Unfortunately, on my windows 10 pc it drops out like it’s been disconnected and reconnected. I’ve tried with display port cables only as well as the hdmi. I am running on a 3440x1440 kogan 100HZ monitor. I have tried with a single monitor and with two monitors. Same results. Sometimes it works for hours, sometimes every 20 seconds it drops out. Sometimes it drops out when I move a program to the screen with that monitor. It’s annoying cause it’s so close to being manageable but sometimes does my head in. I noticed that sometimes when it reconnects the monitors are given different ids.
Anyway,
could you please help me?
Thanks,
Chris

Hello Chris, thanks for posting and I am sorry to hear of this issue!

Based off of your description we’ll want to make sure that the DisplayLink software that is installed is in a good state and up to date. To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect the adapter from the system. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
  2. Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel → Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
  3. Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here → https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+9.1.1462.exe
  4. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
  5. Now download and install the 9.4 M0 DisplayLink software, found here → https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+9.4+M0.exe
  6. Reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.