USBC-6950PDZ external monitors freeze when Control+Scroll to zoom in and out

Hi there, I’ve been using USBC-6950PDZ with 13 inch MacPro M2 and two external monitors for about a month now. When tried to zoom in and out a browser screen, the external monitors freeze. Plugging the docking station out and back in fixes the problem, but can’t use the scroll to zoom anymore as it consistently freezes up the monitors. It looks like others on the community board are having the same issue.
Would you have any updates on the fix?
Thanks,
Jason

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

I recommend we start by getting some additional details from the system to help determine the next steps, when you have a moment please let me know which version of macOS is installed on this system:

1. Open the Apple Menu > About this Mac
  2. From the new window, please let me know the macOS version, for example “Sonoma 14.1”

Next, please let me know which version of the DisplayLink Manager App is installed on the computer:

1. Open the DisplayLink Manager App by selecting the DisplayLink icon from the macOS system tray ( to the left of the clock along the top bar )
  2. Please let me know the version from the bottom of the drop down menu, for example: 1.9 or 1.10 ( for macOS 14 ).

Finally, while the external displays are working ( after resetting from a previous freezing event ) lets check the displays have the correct refresh rate set in the macOS Display Settings:

1. Open the Apple menu > System Settings
  2. From the left pane select Display
  3. From the right pane, for each external display:
    3a. Left-click on the display at the top of the window to select it
    3b. From the Refresh Rate drop-down menu select “60 Hertz”
    If the displays were set to a refresh rate higher than 60Hz, after this step please try zooming in on the web page to see if this helps to resolve this behavior.

Thank you for these additional details, I look forward to your reply email and we can proceed from here.

Pat
Plugable Technology
suppor@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.