USB3-SWITCH2 with UD-6950 Dock

I recently attempted to configure a USB3-SWITCH2 device in front of my dock and found that when I do, my screens will begin to reset. They will stay on for a bit, then go black, then come back on. The two devices connected to my displayport outputs on my dock will go simultaneously, while the one connected to the USB output seems to go out independently. Needless to say, this has been frustrating.

At the end of the day, I’m looking for a solution that will allow me to take advantage of my monitor set up on two or more computers and toggle between the two at the press of a button.

Will my current set up allow that, and if so, why the frustration? Is there an alternate set up that would be better?

Here is a diagram of my configuration.

I want to add that the PC connection is incorrect and can be ignored. I manually toggle my monitor for that. Also the Lenovo connection is what we are talking about here. The surface is what I intend to connect later. Right now, this is only for the one laptop.

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I am sorry to hear that your UD-6950 docking station and USB3-SWITCH2 are not functioning as expected, and would be happy to provide additional support.

For my reference, does your docking station work as expected when connected directly to your laptops (bypassing the switch)?

To help diagnose the issue, may I ask you to please keep the device connected to your laptop and everything still attached (even if not working as expected) and send us the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug? → https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

Once you have the logs, simply send an email to support@plugable.com with the subject line of “Ticket 403632” so that we can prioritize that case and match it to this inquiry.

If you could provide your Amazon Order ID (or other proof of purchase) associated with your Plugable device, I would be happy to check on your warranty status as well.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Yes, everything works as expected without the switch in play. I’ll get the logs prepared and send them in. Much thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.