USB3-HUB7-81X Possbile faulty unit.

computer is new dell inspiron N5050. Usb working fine. BUT I have just connected up a usb3-hub7-81x, power is getting to the transformer (green light on), however my computer is NOT picking up anything connected to the hub7 and none of the lights on the usb connection port are lighting up. Any ideas as to WHAT the problem is???

I am getting NO lights at all on the hub 7 unit (apart from the green light on the power transformer). The unit was delivered today from Amazon at about mid-day while I was asleep, unpacked about 17:00hrs after I woke up, and this is the progress so far, It makes no difference at all as to which of the laptop USB ports it is plugged into. ALL instructions in the user manual have been followed to the letter, I have tried it with all my USB devices, 1 x Epson SX400 printer, 3 x Iomega hard drive, 1 x Optical mouse. All the items are functioning fine when plugged back into my old 4 port belkin USB hub. The power supply is surge protected as well.

I suspect that I have a faulty unit. Amazon order ID 203-3990187-6501133

Hi Clive,

Sorry to hear about the issues with your Plugable 7 Port USB 3.0 hub, just shoot an email to support@plugable.com with a link to this thread and we’ll get you fixed up.

Thanks,
Jerome.