USB3-HUB7-81X failed, power supply OK...

My USB3-HUB7-81X hub went dead this morning… all lights off, checked all connections and confirmed power supply is working properly with 5V output measured. I have to assume the hub portion itself failed. The hub was properly plugged into one port on my 5K iMac and the devices plugged into the hub all stopped working and no lights showing connection on the hub itself. I realized something was wrong when my Logitech keyboard which requires a USB dongle stopped working.

Hi William,

Thanks for contacting us! We’re sorry to hear that your hub appears to have died. We appreciate you confirming that the power supply is still working.

We include a one year warranty with all of our products, so we’re happy to offer you a pretested replacement hub (free of charge) as part of that warranty.

To proceed with sending out a pretested replacement hub, we’ll just need to confirm the following details:

1. Amazon order ID.
  2. Serial number from sticker on bottom of unit.
  3. Shipping address.

Please send that information to us directly at support@plugable.com, so that your personal information is not posted publicly to the Get Satisfaction forum.

Once we have that information, we’ll follow up with a shipment tracking number for the replacement (for USPS 2-3 day priority mail) and a prepaid return shipping label for the original.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank You,

Amanda
Plugable Technologies