USB3-HDMI-DVI USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter on Newegg, 2048×1152 or 2560×1440

Regarding the USB3-HDMI-DVI USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter - The Plugable website lists support for HDMI Monitors up to 2560×1440

On the Newegg website it lists:
Plugable USB3-HDMI-DVI USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Display Adapter (Supports Monitors up to 2048×1152

Is this the same unit and does it support 2560×1440?

Hi Eric,

Good question, thanks for asking!

It is indeed the same adapter on each site, and does support 2560x1440 through HDMI. (DVI will be limited to 2048x1152.)

The NewEgg listing looks like it requires an update to reflect the correct specifications - thanks for bringing it to our attention so we can get that changed!

All the best,
Gary

Thanks Gary,

I have already ordered it and a BenQ 32" 2560x1440.

I read something about the adapter not working with non-displaylink adapters.

I run one of my monitors off of the computer’s built in graphics card through an HDMI, will this still work with the USB3-HDMI-DVI USB 3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter?

Hi Eric,

The DisplayLink drivers are designed to work in conjunction with your onboard graphics drivers, so I don’t expect there to be issues using it in the scenario you mention.

The warning about non-displaylink adapters is specific to other types of USB graphics technology (MCT, j5, Fresco, etc), so as long as you’re not running another other type of USB graphics device, that shouldn’t affect things in this situation.

Thanks!
Gary