USB3-E1000 Windows 10 Issue

Hello,

I am using the USB3-E1000 to test Ethernet between a custom piece of hardware (designed by us) and a Windows laptop. I see different behavior if it’s Windows 7 or Windows 10.

Windows 7:

• Set up USB3-E1000 on laptop: Install driver, set to static IP of 192.168.0.23, GW of 255.255.255.0
  • Connect to custom HW (GigE PHY) with CAT5.
  • From PC, ping custom HW – it works
  • From custom HW, ping PC – it works.

Windows 10:

• Set up USB3-E1000 on laptop (same procedure as above).
  • Connect to custom HW with CAT5
  • From PC, ping custom HW – it works
  • From custom HW, ping PC – it does not work.

In summary, I can take the same adapter, cabled to my custom HW (CAT5 cable) and move the USB3-E1000 from a Windows 7 laptop and ping it, and then move the same adapter to Windows 10 and I cannot ping it.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Hello,

Thanks for your post! I’m sorry to hear you are seeing different behavior in Windows 7 and 10. It’s definitely an interesting and rare case due to the custom hardware you are using, but we’d be happy to help troubleshoot.

Could you run our diagnostic program on the Windows 10 machine? It will gather device information and installation logs that will help me understand what is happening.

To do this, please plug the adapter into your computer, then go to this page, and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

This will generate a folder on your desktop. Please send that folder to support@plugable.com with Ticket #237923 in the subject line along with any details you can provide about the custom hardware and we’ll take a look to see if anything looks out of order.

Thanks!

Derek Nuzum
Plugable Techonologies

It turned out to be a Windows Defender issue on my laptop. Pings were not enabled. I used this procedure to fix my laptop. https://kb.iu.edu/d/aopy

There was NO issue with the Plugable unit. But I want to thank them for the support I received while trying to figure it out. I really appreciate it!

Thanks for following up here in addition to the message you sent! I’m going to mark this as the solution and close out the thread. As I mentioned in the email, please let us know if you run into any other issues using the contact instructions above and we’d be happy to help!

Derek Nuzum
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.