USB3-E100 MacBook Not Recognised

Hi, I have just bought a USB3-E1000. On installation it loads the software and I can see the hardware listed and driver. However, when I plug n the device I get no activity lights and it stops the wifi connection. If I go to preferences/network and try to add a service the AX88179 isn’t listed as a service just thunderbolt, wifi etc.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.

Any help appreciated.

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for contacting us! I do apologize for any trouble you’ve had with our USB 3.0 Gigabit adapter, and I’d be glad to help! It may be that you need to manually approve the drivers through Gatekeeper. The following post on our blog has step by step instructions to resolve this: https://plugable.com/2017/10/27/how-to-fix-extensions-blocked-by-gatekeeper-in-macos-10-13-high-sierra/.

If you would, please give this a try. If the adapter still doesn’t work, please contact us directly at support@plugable.com with the Amazon order number. I hope this helps. I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Thank you,

Kevin
Product Owner
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.