USB3-6950-DP not working on Lenovo T480

Hi - I ordered a new USB3-6950-DP so that my wife could use both DELL U2515H screens from her Lenovo T480 laptop. However - the screens do not light up at all.

Screens stay pitch black. Unfortunately this is a corporate device and she’s not local admin, so my options are pretty limited in terms of reinstalling drivers.
What would you recommend I do - or tell her to relay to the IT department ?

Hi,

Thanks for joining or forums and reaching out to us. We are always happy to help.

I do first want to ask what cable or adapters you’re using between the monitor and the Plugable adapter and check to see which input on the monitor you’re using. Are you using a DisplayPort or mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter to connect the monitor or are you using something else?

Also the Dell U2515H has one DisplayPort input, and also a DisplayPort output so please do make sure to use the DisplayPort input port on the monitor. The DisplayPort in port looks like it is closer to the HDMI ports so please use this port if you’re using a DisplayPort cable.

The DisplayLink software will need to be installed on the computer in order for the adapter to work. Usually Windows Updates will automatically install this software when the computer is connected to the internet but some enterprise machines may not be configured for that.

The DisplayLink software can manually be installed via the following link:

https://plugable.s3.amazonaws.com/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+9.2+M3.exe

I hope this helps and please do let us know whether you’re still seeing issues and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks!
-Andrew T.
Plugable Technologies

Hi Andrew,
thanks for getting back to me so quick.

In terms of connections - mini DP port on the screen (mDP) - original DELL cable - DP on adapter. Again, I’m pretty sure that works fine, as I’m using the USB3-6950-DP right now with both screens from my device. It’s my wife Lenovo that has the issues.
In fact - I’m using a USB-A to USB-C converter for my machine and that works fine too. But on hers I tried with and without this converter. In both cases the Display Adapter shows up, but screens remain blank.

Thanks for the driver, I’ll try to get her to ask the IT department to install it. Fingers crossed!

Thanks,
Jochen

Worked - installing the drivers + reboot and everything works like a charm. We’re in business ! Thanks.

Thanks Jochen!

I’m glad to hear that you were able to get the device working once installing the drivers. Please do let us know if you see any other issues with your Plugable devices or if we can help with anything else.

Thanks!
-Andrew

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.