usb2-otge100 does not work with Oneplus One

I just purchased a usb2-otge100. It works fine with my Nexus 7 2nd, generation, but not with my One plus One phone. The One plus One phone has OTG support and seems to work fine with other USB OTG devices. There is a note on the cable saying “Download drivers at plugable.com”, but I see no Android drivers here???

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us about your USB2-OTGE100. I’m sorry it isn’t working for you on the One plus One.

Unfortunately, while the chipset in this device is supported in Android after version 4.0, whether to enable that by including the necessary drivers is up to the maker of the phone. We have not tested with the One plus One, but since the adapter works in your Nexus 7 2nd gen, but not in the One plus One, it is pretty certain that the maker has not included the necessary driver.

We don’t have drivers on our site for Android because they cannot be installed without rooting the phone, and even then it is very difficult. Android software for a particular device are bundled into a single install file. To add the driver, you would have to take that file apart, add the driver, possibly recompile the kernel and change various config files, then rebundle it and install it, with the possibility of bricking your phone if something wasn’t right.

I apologize for this. If lack of support on the One plus One is a deal breaker for you, please feel free to return the device for a refund if you are still within Amazon’s 30-day return policy.

Thank you,

David
Plugable Support

Thanks for your quick and thorough reply. This is not a deal breaker. I am quite familiar with the Linux kernel, so I may attempt this myself.