USB2 microscope keeps shutting down

I am having trouble getting my Micro-250X to stay on. I have it connected to my Macbook, microscope fires up and within a minute it just shuts off. I wondered if it was not getting enough power so I tried running it through a powered USB hub and so far it does the same thing. Any suggestons?

Hello Matt,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! I’m sorry for the trouble with the microscope, and I’d be glad to help you. Was this a recent purchase from Amazon? We offer a 2-year warranty on our products. I’d be glad to check the status of the warranty on your order number, but I would suggest to reach out to us directly at: support@plugable.com with that information as this is an open forum.

Are you able to test the microscope out on another computer to see if there’s a difference? This is always a helpful thing to try, but, I understand if you don’t have another computer readily available.

Something else you could do is try the microscope with another piece of camera software like Photo Booth or Webcamoid are some other programs that we’ve tested out and suggest. I hope this helps with a few initial things to try and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Thank you,

Kevin
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.