For any customers hitting issues with the USB2-E1000 on Mavericks, please note that while updated ASIX drivers are available, as the OP has stated, and seem to work well, we are not yet recommending these drivers since they are not signed, and are not necessary for most users.
Please note that users with older Plugable USB2-E1000 adapters with serial numbers beginning with 7 (and possibly some beginning with 5 or 6), will not be able to use Apple’s in-box driver. These users may install the latest, unsigned, ASIX driver from the link below:
For users with newer Plugable USB2-E1000 adapters with serial numbers starting with 8, 9, or 10, he following steps are recommended for initial troubleshooting:
- Uninstall the ASIX driver using the uninstall script packaged with the driver installer.
- Disconnect the USB2-E1000 adapter and set it aside.
- Remove the interface from network preferences.
- Use the OS X repair disk permissions tool- terminal command:
diskutil repairpermsissions /
- Reboot, log back in.
6 Reconnect USB2-E1000- check if interface was automatically created in network preferences, add manually if not.
Should these steps not succeed, please send a mail to email@example.com including a link to this thread and:
- The serial number of your adapter
- The output from our support tool, PlugDebug.
Instructions to download and use PlugDebug are at: