USB-VGA-165 Stopped Operating

My USB-VGA-165 has worked beautifully for several years. Recently it would not display anything on the second screen when after the computer booted up. When this first happened, unplugging and repluging the USB cable would start the secondary screen. After a few weeks, repluging did no good, but if I opened the Windows Device Manager, and disabled the adapter, and then enabled the adapter it would start. Now, that does not work anymore. When I enable the adapter after disabling it the desktop flickers on the secondary screen but immediately disappears.

I followed the steps on the website. I removed the display software from my computer, downloaded the cleaning tool, reinstalled the driver software, and reconnected the USB cable to the Plugable USB device. Now I’m back to where I was before. No secondary display, but it flickers if I disable it, and then reenable it.

I tried connecting the secondary display and the USB-VGA-165 to a new Windows 10 desktop, and it appeared to installed, the Device Manager of the new computer shows the adapter on the list of display adapters, but I get no image on the screen. In all cases, the green light on the Plugable adapter is solid green once plugged into the computer, and display.

Has the adapter gone bad in some way? Is there anything else to try. I am very suspect of the hardware since the desktop image consistently flickers on the secondary display, when I disable and then enable the adapter but will not continue to sustain a scanned image.

Thanks you for any help.

Roy Rosner
RoyRosner@bellsouth.net

Hi Roy,

Thank you for posting! I am sorry your display adaptor is not working as expected and I would be happy to help.

Thank you as well for the detail you provided and the testing you have performed that is much appreciated. Based on your description of the behavior, our next step is to get some additional information.

Please keep the USB-VGA-165 connected to your system (even though not working) and send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug → http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to us directly via support@plugable.com with ‘For Ticket 346498’ in the subject line. This will allow us match things up and examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Please also include your Amazon Order ID number for the docking station purchase in your direct email. Please do not post the Order ID or the PlugDebug file in our public forum.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Richard A
Plugable Technologies
https://plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.