USB Switch with Dual Monitors desktop and laptop

I am having an issue with my USB3-Switch2 and it pairing with the UD-3900H docking station. My setup is one laptop, one desktop and two monitors. I got this setup because i thought it would work like your youtube video states but my docking station isnt the same as the one in the video. Everything works fine on my desktop but im having issues with the laptop side. My screens flicker and then my mouse stops working. I have my my USB A to Bs going from both my laptop and desktop to the switch and then i have my USB A to C going from the switch to the docking station. C side connected on the docking station. Please help

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for posting! I’d like to see if we can identify the cause of this issue with some basic troubleshooting steps.

Firstly, does the problem still occur with a basic USB device like a USB wired mouse or keyboard connected to the USB 3.0 Sharing Switch (instead of the dock)?

Next, does this issue still occur on the same port on the USB 3.0 Sharing Switch if you 1) swap the USB cables, or 2) swap computers from port A to port B?

If the issue seems to be a certain computer (perhaps your laptop), try different USB ports on that computer (USB 2.0, USB 3.0) to determine if it affects all USB ports or only certain ones.

Once I have a bit more information about the nature of the behavior, I can provide next steps.

Thank you for giving us a chance to help!

Mitchell

Hi Mitchell,

The mouse thing seems to have gone away. But yes, i had tried using a different mouse even plugged directly into the laptop and it wasnt working and neither was the trackpad when the flicker occured. The other thing that is happening is that when it flickers, my windows explorer crashes. Im not sure if my laptop is working too hard with all of these devices plugged into it. I have a lenovo thinkpad Carbon X1. All of my ports on my laptop are USB 3.0 but there are only two of them. Should i plug in the USB that is going from the Switch to my laptop into the other USB port on my laptop. The connection between my laptop and the docking station is through the USB-C. I have three of those on my laptop and have tried all 3 connections.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the additional information.

Could you please reach out to us at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID and reference to case ID #299545? We’ll be able to take the next steps from there.

Thank you!

Mitchell

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.