I tried to power off and wait and plug in again. Can’t get any of the USB ports to work
Thank you for reaching out to Plugable support, we’re always happy to help.
I’m sorry to hear about the issue you’re seeing and we are here to help.
Since our USB docking stations require the DisplayLink software on your computer to be working correctly, we find that removing and reinstalling the software often fixes issues with the docks not working.
Please run through the following steps to remove and reinstall the DisplayLink software on your computer.
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+9.1.1462.exe
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 9.0 M1 DisplayLink software, found here --> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+9.0+M1.exe
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation
If that doesn’t fix the situation, we’d like to have you run our PlugDebug tool on your computer so we can gather diagnostic information to help us understand the situation. Please plug the device into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there: http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug Please do not post your logs here since they contain information about your computer, please e-mail them to us at email@example.com and include “Ticket #288501” in the subject line.
I hope the above steps resolve the issue you’re seeing, but please e-mail the PlugDebug logs to us if they don’t. Also feel free to reach out to us anytime with any questions you have.