USB ports stop working a couple times of week, must unplug dock to fix

Hi there,

My dock is generally working with my monitors. I’ve got two monitors connected via HDMI, and so far, everything is good.

However, once or twice a week, I’ll go to use my computer, and while the two displays work properly, none of my USB peripherals work. I usually find out because I go into a meeting and my webcam is not working (plugs into USB-A in the back of the dock).

Today I also noticed that the charging stand for my headset plugged into the USB-C port on the front of the dock wasn’t getting any power while my webcam wasn’t working.

In other words, none of the USB ports was working and weren’t even delivering power.

The only solution I’ve found in these cases is to physically unplug the power from the dock and then plug it back in. After that, it works just fine for a few days until the problem occurs again.

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support. I am sorry things are not working as expected while using your Plugable product and I would be happy to help.

Given the nature of your issue, we’d like to offer a replacement device. However, we’re unable to do that on our forums as some private information (such as shipping address) is needed.

Would you be willing to reach out to us at support@plugable.com and reference ticket #: 407390

We’ll connect there and get you squared away.

Sincerely,

Mychal
Plugable Technologies

Hi Mychal,

Sure thing, I will contact you directly.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.