USB ports not active

I had no issues the first 6 months w/ my TBT3-UDZ on the USB ports, however recently all the USB ports are not active now. I reinstalled thunderbolt driver and no luck. I did check and there is power to the USB ports via charging a cell phone. any ideas on what else to check.

Laptop: Lenovo Yoga

Thank You

Josh H

Hello Josh,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

1. If you haven’t already done so, fully unplug the dock from all devices, power, and Thunderbolt 3 cable to the host computer. Reboot your computer and after logging back in wait about 30-60 seconds, then reconnect the power cable first, Thunderbolt 3 host cable next, and USB/other devices last. Sometimes a reset in this order can resolve this kind of issue.

2. If that hasn’t helped, please check to ensure the dock is still showing up as authenticated in the Thunderbolt software. If the dock were somehow to be no longer authenticated, it will cause all USB communication to cease. See here if unfamiliar with this process: http://plugable.com/tbt3auth

3. If the dock is showing up as authenticated (“connected”), then we’ll want to get a closer look at the system for what might be happening. We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock with your devices attached to it into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When emailing us the diagnostics results, mention ticket “349624” in the subject line.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

Thank you… here’s what I did & what then finally worked.

#1. tried, no luck
#2. watched the first video which had a great tip about what version of the driver, I installed the latest driver, it brought thunderbolt control center down. I plugged in the dock, it authorized it and boom… all good now.

Thank You Thank You.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear #2 worked after the driver update and that the video was helpful!

If you ever need anything else just let us know.

Best wishes!
Josh

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.