USB ports don't work with MacBook, do work with PC (plugable UD-3900)

When using the plugable USB 3.0 docking station with my MacBook Air, my two monitors are detected and work fine, however, the keyboard and mouse connected via USB through the docking station are not consistently detected. They worked fine for the first few days of using the newest software, but now are not detected.
Everything works fine when using the exact same set up with my PC laptop. The issue is only when using my Mac.
I have macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

Hi Katie,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize you are having keyboard and mouse issues and I would be happy to help.

I understand that your two monitors are being detected and work fine however your keyboard and mouse are experiencing some possible intermittent connectivity issues. You also state, “Everything works fine when using the exact same set up with my PC laptop”.

Before I continue I would first like to set some expectations. We don’t officially support macOS with our DisplayLink-based docking stations as there have been historical driver incompatibilities in the past. (We do mention this on our website and product listing, but realize it can be easy to miss.) That being said, there has been significant progress made by DisplayLink with macOS Mojave and Catalina with an updated driver and for most of our customers report good results with this setup, and if this trend continues we hope to change macOS to a supported platform. However, please note that for the time being we may be limited in the support we can provide should further issues arise.

Given this information please follow the steps below:

1. Unplug all devices from your dock
  2. Unplug the power cable from the dock
  3. Keep the power cable unplugged for 15 seconds
  4. Restart your laptop
  5. Now reconnect your power cable to the dock
  6. Reconnect your devices and test

Let us know the results and we can then move forward to the next steps.

Best regards,

Michael
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.