USB ports don't work with DELL XPS 15 9560

None of the USB ports seem to work when connected to the Dell XPS 15 9560 4K UHD Intel Core i7-7700HQ 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Nvidia GTX 1050 4GB GDDR5 Windows 10 Home.
Device manager shows an unknown device:

Connected 2 monitors - work perfectly.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Please reference ticket “326235” when you email us the results.

This will give me a better idea of why this might be occurring so that I can then hopefully make a recommendation on how to resolve it.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

Resolved
I’ve uninstalled the existing Thunderbolt driver and installed Thunderbolt™ 3 DCH Driver for Windows® 10 for Intel® NUC Version: 1.41.1015.0 (Latest) Date: 8/11/2020
Restarted
I’ve opened a Thunderbolt Control Center > Menu > Approve device and selected “Always connect”
Restarted again
All USB ports now work

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the solution! That’s good news to hear the newest driver directly from Intel has helped!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.