USB Mouse freezes

I recently bought the UD-3900 docking station to use it with my Alienware 15 R4. I am able to connect two external monitors, keyboard, and headphones. Unfortunately, when I connect a mouse (either the Redragon M601 or the Dell N889) it randomly freezes every few seconds making it unusable. When the same exact mouse is directly connected directly to the laptop, I am not experiencing any lag/freeze problems.

I have followed the instructions below mention in an older thread for the most recent DisplayLink software, with no luck.

1. Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely. Please keep it disconnected until the last step
  2. Uninstall the DisplayLink Core software / DisplayLink Graphics Driver from the Control Panel → Programs and Features. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step
  3. Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here →
  4. Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
  5. Run Windows Update (Start > Settings > Update & security). Reboot if/when prompted. Repeat this process until there are no new updates found. This is important as Microsoft has been releasing frequent updates to Windows 10.
  6. Now download and install the 8.0 M2 DisplayLink software, found here →
  7. Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system when prompted by the installer which will trigger the final portion of the installation

Hi Constantinos,

Thank you for posting! I can see you also reached out to us directly via support@plugable.com. and I have just sent my direct reply. In an effort to keep all communication in one place, please only reply to my direct email.

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.