USB mouse fail when lid is closed

Asus T100, UD-3900, Acer VGA monitor in docked mode using as desktop, everything works fine until I close the lid then the USB mouse freezes with either a circle or square under the pointer, mouse wont move and pointer just blinks. Open the lid again and everything is fine. Any Ideas

Hi Bill,

Thanks for posting. I’d be happy to help!

From your description of the symptoms it doesn’t sound like the dock is contributing to the behavior as it is just acting as a USB hub in terms of your mouse. Does the behavior change if you use a different USB port on the dock? Ideally we would want to also test the behavior with the mouse directly connected to the system but if I am correct your Asus only has one full-size USB port which is already taken up by the dock connection so that is not an option.

Since the behavior occurs only when closing the lid the issue may be power related. A first step would be to disable USB Selective Suspend –> http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/… to see if that has any impact. That guide is for Windows 7 but the steps are essentially the same for Windows 8 and 10.

Let us know if that helps when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support