USB Mouse and Keyboard Disconnecting

Hello,

I just bought the UD-CAM dock. I have a Razer Blade 14 (2017). When I plug in my Razer Mamba mouse and Ornata keyboard, they constantly disconnect and reconnect. The video and Ethernet connection stay connected. I also have a Logitec USB Speaker (Z305). When just the speaker is plugged in, I have no issues, but when I add the keyboard and mouse in, the speaker acts up as well. My old USB 3.0 Dock has no issues with everything plugged in. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry to hear that you are running into this issue, but I would be happy to help!

Razer laptop systems have specific requirements and revised BIOS versions that render all third-party USB-C based docking stations as incompatible. We do not advise user attempt to utilize our docking stations with Razer systems, as they experience Power Delivery, USB disconnection, and display out issues. The USB 3.0 hub most likely worked differently due to how the USB-C port communicates with USB-C based device, and not USB 3.0 based devices. We make sure to address Razer systems as incompatible on the product page for our USB-C based devices, but I am sorry that it was not more prevalent!

With this information in mind, if you could contact us directly at support@plugable.com and include the Amazon Order ID Number associated with the purchase, I would be more than happy to provide a prepaid shipping label and a full refund for the device if applicable. I would not want you to be stuck with a docking station that is not compatible with your system. Please include “Ticket no. 224848” in the subject line so we can make sure that all of your information stays together.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support