USB keyboard and mouse keep reconnecting

Plugable UD-3900 on a HP Spectre 13-v021nr. USB keyboard and mouse keep reconnecting. Any solutions to fix this issue? Monitors stay connected just the USB keeps reconnecting.

Hi Louis, thanks for posting! Sorry to hear that your keyboard and mouse keep disconnecting while connected to our dock and I’ll be happy to help!

Thanks for the description of the behavior you’re seeing. Would you be able to let us know if your keyboard and mouse are wired USB devices or if they are wireless? Also, do you happen to notice any other USB disconnections if you have any other USB peripherals connected to our dock?

Pending that additional information, please perform a USB hub reset by doing the following:

1. Disconnect the dock from power and computer and wait for 120 seconds (also disconnect all USB peripherals from the dock)
  2. Connect the dock to power only and wait for another 10 seconds
  3. Connect the dock to computer and test all USB ports with a wired keyboard or mouse
  4. Now connect your usual peripherals and test

Please let us know if these steps help or not and we will go from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

I have done the above steps but didn’t help.

keyboard is wired, mouse is wireless. both reconnect constantly about every few minutes or so.

Power control is turned off at the device level as well as with the windows power management.

Hi Louis, thanks for taking the time to try these steps and sorry that they didn’t help. From here, we’ll want to examine some log files to see if they can tell us what is happening. To help us do so please download and run our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug with everything connected. Please send us the file that is created on your Desktop by attaching it to an email to our direct support email address at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket Number 157907’ in the subject line so we can match everything up. We will examine the logs and then determine next steps from there. Once a solution is found, I will then update this forum thread.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Sent.