USB Goes Deaf

Hi folks.

Is there any way of resetting the USB bus in this unit? Every so often the unit doesn’t read USB devices anymore.

Is there a way I can reset it? I don’t want to unplug the unit as it messes up my displays (I have 4). I have to quit every application so my window placement is respected. Second, my displays don’t always come back to expected behaviour.

I know the unit is a little Linux box, but I can’t find it sniffing my LAN. Would be nice to ssh into it to reset the bus.

Any insight appreciated. Cheers

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about these issues. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

1. The UD-UTLC4K dock has no method to reset the USB bus without power cycling the dock, or, disconnecting the USB-C cable and reconnecting it can also sometimes help. However it sounds like for your use case this is problematic to do.

2. You mentioned:
    “I know the unit is a little Linux box, but I can’t find it sniffing my LAN. Would be nice to ssh into it to reset the bus.”
    The dock is not running Linux and cannot be SSH’d into.

3. For the video issues, do the displays not wake up after they have gone to sleep? Or are they not detected anymore? Other?

4. We have a troubleshooting tool that helps us find out what is going on in situations like this. Please plug the dock with your devices attached to it into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:
    http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

5. When emailing us the generated diagnostics logs to support@plugable.com please mention ticket 406164 in the subject line. Do not post the diagnostics results here.

6. Finally, once I’ve had a chance to look through the diagnostics I can offer suggestions for anything that stands out as a cause for these issues.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry
Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

Oh, I was told earlier that it was a Linux box

The displays come back, but windows have been shuffled around and I have to reposition open windows

It’s behaving properly currently, so I’ll have to wait until it goes deaf later. I got the answer I needed as well.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.