USB External HDs, ScanSnap & HP Printer Inoperable

I just purchased the Thunderbolt 4 and the items above are attached to the new dock but do not work. I am on an iMac using Sonoma 14.1. Thank you for your assistance.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable support! Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be more than happy to assist you.

Are any other devices attached to the TBT4-UDZ dock currently working? (Other USB devices, video output to displays, charging, etc?)

To begin I would ensure that you’re connecting the dock using the provided Thunderbolt 4 cable the dock shipped with, and that it’s being connected to the front Thunderbolt 4 port on the dock, and not the the rear USB-C port on the dock by accident.

For the latest macOS it is also important when connecting a new docking station, and when connecting devices to the docking station, to ensure that the newly connected accessories are allowed to operate. If unfamiliar with approving accessories on macOS see here: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/allow-accessories-to-connect-mchlf779ae93/mac We’ve found that often it can be helpful to change this setting to “Always” (to allow accessories to always connect without manual approval).

If these suggestions have not helped please let me know.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and best wishes!

Joshua Henry

Senior Engineer | Product Owner
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.