USB Drivers Failing at Random

I have an issue with the drivers for the Plugable UD-3900. They’ll work for a week or so and then suddenly fail resulting in my users not being to able to use the dock at all, none of the USB ports or displays work when the drivers fail.

This causes me to have to uninstall/reinstall the drivers every time. Which requires restarts and about an hour of my time each time this happens.
Is there a compatibility issue with the new drivers? It only seems to happen on a Lenovo T450s laptop running Windows 7.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry the dock is behaving inconsistently with your Lenovo laptops. I would be happy to help!

While we don’t know of any known incompatibility with the Lenovo T450s, as our dock depends on the USB 3.0 host controller driver and the driver for your integrated graphics adapter to function, based on your description there may be a software issue at play here. The best way to proceed is to have you pick one system and send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to us at support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket 129870’ in the subject line as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Just send us the file when you have a moment and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Sorry for the delay on my end. I’ll have my user run this debug tool and provide the updates in the email.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for getting back. No worries about the delay. Just send us the email when you have time and we’ll go from there.

Thank you,

Bob