USB doesn't connect??

I have a Plugable USB 2.0 to VGA adapter. It was working perfectly for over a month. Now, when I restart the computer the USB makes the pinging connect and disconnect noise over and over and eventually stops. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and updated the drivers and the issue continues to happen. The 2nd monitor remains black. Ideas??

Hi Nancy!

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you’ve been having this problem with the UGA-165! We’ll get you up and running!

First thing to check in those cases, is if all the cases are tight and secure and that nothing’s loose.

Second thing we’d like to check is, what is the DisplayLink driver version you currently have? To check that can you please go to (Windows 7) ‘Control Panel’->‘Uninstall a program’->and single click on the ‘DisplayLink Core Software’ - on the bottom of the screen you should be seeing the ‘Product Version’ !](https://sslproxy.getsatisfaction.com/sslproxy/SWhAdDNLMG5zdGFuVGlWenmLbJDGd3CABhjZermgcystANA4T6nd0pzV0fSzBRRGOd17A4b8ZLwi6-HESbXI0vQQ470jCX6SFlOgzo2YgACf15g83iPRkLBpIke_pc0KfqRYQH4v9QpmX4FtAQsrXA==.png)](http://s3.amazonaws.com/satisfaction-production/s3_images/543798/version.png)

Does the green led on the adapter come up at all ?

Once we have this information we can suggest next steps (you may require a replacement) !

Regards,
Lampros

Thanks for your reply. I am able to connect to other items using the same USB cables so I don’t think there is an issue with the case.

I am running Windows XP, the driver version I am using is 5.6.31854.0. This morning, I don’t even get the pinging connect/disconnect sound that is usually made when I plug a device in using USB.

So far as I can see, there isn’t a green light on the unit but I’m not sure that there was before…

Haha. My sound was turned down on the computer so it is making the horrible pinging sound over and over.

Hi Nancy!

Sounds like your unit went bad - sorry about that !

Please e-mail us at support@plugable.com and include:
a) your Amazon order ID
b) the serial number of the device (to be found under the device on a sticker)
c) your current valid address

and we’ll send a replacement out to you right away!

Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
Lampros