USB dock stn: Keyboard and mouse not connecting reliably (Windows 8)

I am experiencing significant latency (delay) when using my wired USB mouse through the plugable USB 3.0 docking station. It is as though the station were transmitting a bare fraction of the movement events.

As frustrating as that is, the keyboard is worse (the keyboard! how hard could that be). It transmits very few events. There is also a latency and sometimes it spits out a dozen or so retransmissions of the same character typed (i.e. as though I had held the key down).

When I connect the devices directly to the laptop, I do not have these problems.

Also, the devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting spontaneously.

Mouse: (Some no-name brand from Malaysia)
Keyboard: Dell

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting here, I’ll be happy to help. Sorry to hear about the issue you described, that does sound frustrating.

To get started troubleshooting, I’d like to have you run the DisplayLink Support tool and forward the resulting .zip file over to us for analysis. Here’s a link to instructions on how to do that:

http://plugable.com/support/tools/dis…

Once the Support tool finishes, send the .zip file along with your Amazon order id and the serial number of the dock you have over to us at support@plugable.com and we’ll figure out the best next steps to get your issue resolved.

Thanks,
Jerome.