USB Devices not recognized

I recently bought UD-ULTCDL and installed driver software. Any device that’s connected to USB is not working. If I connect it directly to laptop USB it works. Is there some setting that I’m missing? Any advice to get it to work would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Sam,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I’m sorry the UD-ULTCDL isn’t working as expected, and I’ll be happy to assist.

There aren’t any specific settings you should need to change for the USB ports on the dock to work - they should “just work” when the dock is plugged in.

With that said, the first steps we’ll want to take are to perform a power-cycle of the unit to reset its internal hub chipset. We’ve seen that this can often restore the dock back to a working state when one or more of its functions are not quite working. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Disconnect all USB peripherals connected to the dock
  2. Disconnect docking station from host computer, then disconnect the dock’s power adapter from power
  3. Leave unplugged for 1 minute for power to dissipate
  4. Connect docking station initially into power only
  5. Connect docking station to host machine, then connect USB peripherals and test for functionality

If the problem persist after following these steps, our next step is to get some additional information.

To provide this additional information, can you please send an email to our direct support email address (support@plugable.com) with “For ticket # 426399” in the subject line? In the email, please include the following information:

1. Your Amazon/eBay/Walmart/Newegg order number from your purchase. If it’s from Amazon you can find this at www.amazon.com/orders
  2. While the docking station is connected to your PC (even if not working as expected), the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug: https://plugable.com/pages/plugdebug

This information will help us to determine the next steps.

** Please do not post the above information here in our public forum (it contains personally identifiable information) **

Apologies for the frustration, and thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Sam
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.